Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alex Is 8 Years Old


My first born and only boy, is 8 years old now. I can't believe it.

I think Alex enjoyed his birthday, since we celebrated more than once. We ate Japanese after church Sunday, with our close friends & family. Celebration #1. He was excited about his gifts and couldn't wait to get home to play. Tuesday, after school, we met Alex's friends Mack & Charlie at the movie. Celebration #2. Then on Friday, his birthday, Jody took him to breakfast at McDonald's. I made cookies for the class, grabbed a Happy Meal for Alex & Ella, and met Alex for lunch in the lunch room. So he had McDonald's again. Celebration #3 & #4. Friday night we ate Mexican with the Carswells, My parents & Lindsey & Hope. He opened his gifts from us there, and was excited to see that we found a new Buzz Lightyear. Then we headed over to the bowling alley, for a few games. After 2 or 3 hours of bowling we needed a snack and went over to DQ. So we had a full night of celebration.

Anyone that knows Alex, knows that he is cracking us up all the time. You never have to guess what he is thinking, he tells you, good or bad. He surprises us from time to time. Which could be good or bad, depending on the situation. He has a very good memory. He loves, loves, loves his sisters. He is ready, at all times to defend them when needed. Of course, at Emily & Ella's age they don't need much defending.

Alex has lost 2 teeth on the bottom, and one on the top is loose. He is my little/big boy. Little, because he is small for his age & is in the 1% in weight, 42#. Big, because he is 8 and doesn't want to be called little. His jeans are always baggy, and those are slims. I just bought 3 pairs of jeans for him this week. They had to have the double tough knee, and those may not last the whole season. He is hard on his shoes and pants, but aren't boys supposed to be? He is happiest playing outside. He loves to run, climb, dig, swing, ride bikes & scooters etc etc. I could go on and on.

In school, Alex is awesome in math. He enjoys PE & recess too. All the other school stuff is boring to him right now. He has really improved in reading and spelling in the last few weeks. We are so proud of him, and how hard he tries at school.

I'll try to wrap this up, with a poem I found recently, that made me think of Alex.


Sticky fingers, dirty face

Rugs and pillows, out of place.


Cars and trucks, here and there

Blocks and balls, everywhere.


Gold and silver, have I none

But worth a million, is my son.



Alex, you are worth more than a million. You mean more everyday, and we couldn't be more proud of you. I love you, to infinity and beyond!!!!!!

No comments: