Saturday, September 27, 2008

FALL BREAK AT DISNEY

Last week was Fall Break for the kids, so we headed to Disney. My parents were able to go too. We were in Orlando Sunday through Thursday. When we got to the hotel Sunday it was about 7pm, we already had dinner, so we settled in and went to the pool.
Monday we ate breakfast at the hotel and hung at the pool for about 3hours. Once everyone got cleaned up we headed out to get our tickets and to eat an early dinner. I had been planning this trip for 5 or 6 months, and made reservations for our favorite restaurants. Usually you can call the hard to get in places up to 90 days before. So I counted it out on the calendar and called around 85-90 days early. The 2 main meals we wanted were 1 character meal & to eat at O'hana. O'hana is a restauant at the Polynesian that is ssssoooooo good. It is family style & one price for unlimited amounts. We try to go every time. Well they had nothing for our dates. I couldn't take no for an answer, so I called every week at least once, sometimes more to try to get in. No luck. By the way, they have changed the time to call for reservations to 180 days ahead of time. That is 6 months early. This is why we couldn't get in. We did get a reservation for Rainforest Cafe, San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot and the Playhouse Disney Character Breakfast at Hollywood Studios. These are the Little Einstein Characters & JoJo's Circus. So, I was happy with what we got, but still wanted O'hana.

When we came in from the pool on Monday, Jody called to try to get in, nope couldn't do it. But we did find out they open at 4. We were going to be right by there at Shades of Green getting our military discount tickets (no tax) . So Jody decided we would just go show up as walk ins. So we dropped Jody at the curb, drove around and parked, and waited for him to come walking out, with the look of disappointment. But 5 minutes after going in he called & said we'll have a table in 5 minutes, come on in. Yay!! I was so excited. Even more excited when I started to eat the food that is so good. And the dessert. YUM we got 3 of them just for the 4 adults. The kids all had their own.
Tuesday we started off at Epcot, ate lunch there and then headed to Animal Kingdom. We got a lot accomplished at AK considering we only had 2 hours before they closed. They close at 5, so we headed to Hollywood Studios for a couple hours, before they closed at 8. Then we headed back to the hotel, got the kids bathed & in bed. Then Jody & I went on a date. Fun.
Wednesday we started back at Hollywood Studios for our Character Breakfast. Then we headed over to Magic Kingdom about 1pm. We stayed there till about 7:30. We were all exhausted. This was the first time Alex & Emily walked the whole time. We have always rented the double stroller for them, but this time we got it for Ella.
Thursday we checked out & headed to Downtown Disney. We went to the toy store & to the Ghirardelli chocolate shop. Yum Yum. My trip is not complete till I get a chocolate milkshake at Ghirardelli. Can you believe that for 3 shakes & 1 sundae it was $29.59. But it was so worth it. I already want to go back.
Of course, the day after we got home I started planning our next getaway. Next year we are planning to go back with the rest of the family. We sure did miss them while we were there, but we had enough fun for everybody. I guess I better go ahead and make our dinner reservations.


Update on my camera: It has been found, but is broken. It has been sent off to get fixed.

Thanks to my dad (aka:the family photographer) for taking all these pictures. This is why I'm a little late updating the blog. I had to get the disk of pictures from Dad. Thanks Dad.




1 comment:

Christi said...

I'm glad you guys had fun at Disney...See you soon!!